Sunday, March 21, 2010

First day of spring: Group Ride

Yesterday, I packed my Surly Long Haul Trucker in the trunk of my car, along with the Maviv CXP22 rims off of my Giant FCR2. Went to Harold's bike shop in the morning for my first attempt at wheel truing. After2.5 hours, I had one wheeled trued (probably needs to be checked by Harold too) and the second one started, however I had an event to attend at 3pm so I headed out.

I drove to Alanna's house where I parked my car and took out the Surly. I rode down to the lower Duck Pond of Bowring Park where a group of people from Ordinary Spokes were meeting up for a group ride. Only 7 people showed up, most likely due to the 1 degree celcius temperature and forecast of snow/rain mix we were supposed to get. Luckily the weather held off.

We rode from the duck pond at Bowring Park, to the top of Fort Amherst and back. It was my first group ride. I've went with one person before, but never with a group. It was interesting to see peoples different takes on cycling. Some that were way different than mine, and others that were not so much. Prime example: I was the only person with a pump and multi-tool on hand, not to mention one of the few with gears.


View First of Spring Group Ride in a larger map

Matt took some pretty nice pics of my Surly Long Haul Trucker at the old Fort, with Signal Hill in the background. Thanks Matt!

2 comments:

  1. That last one is a really good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great ride - being the first day of spring - good article

    http://cyclingframes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete