Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ready to Roll, not slide...

Just installed these bad boys.


The winters in Atlantic Canada can be messy, and I'd rather be a little overkill on my winter commuter than slip under some cars. For a little less rigorous tread check out the Marathon Winters from Schwalbe, I've heard good things.

Got a nice deal on them from Harold at Earle Industries, I'm going to miss that guy. He told that when I want a roof rack to call him up and he'll hook me up with some Thule stuff and ship it to me.

Oh yeah the rack is for this


My 2011 Honda Civic SE Sedan.

It also has winter/studded tires (but I have the nice aluminum 16" wheels for summer too).

I needed to buy a car for the new job. I'll be doing a fair mount of traveling, so I wanted something reliable, good gas mileage, and a nice drive. So I splurged a little and got the Civic. I'm hoping it's quality and reliability will pay off in the long run.

I'm planning on using it for travel purposes mainly, or if I want to take my bike out of town somewhere for a weekend. As I will work from home, I don't need to commute, and I will be close to amenities so I plan to use my bike for running errands.

The less I have to use this car the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment